Over 2,500 families per year rely on Elderhaus for our day program services, which include direct care; recreational and social activities programming; qualified medication administration; mobile health services; and Medicaid application assistance for low-income and homebound individuals.Elderhaus Recreational Activities:
This comprehensive range of fully supervised activities addresses social, physical, expressive and cognitive areas. They will improve functional skills, enhance well-being and promote some independence. Our activities were developed to strengthen various skills, including counting, auditory-processing, sensory exploration/integration, attention and concentration, motor skills, mobility, cognitive functioning, as well as increase affiliation with other people and provide an opportunity for self expression. Elderhaus activities include:
• Fitness training at a local fitness center benefits all aspects of health: physical, mental, social and emotional.
• Dance classes promote balance, coordination and physical strength.
• Artistic therapy promotes healing and well being through the use of drawing, painting and texture creations.
• Bowling, billiards and games combines' fun with exercise and socialization.
• Organized sports tournaments encourage friendly competition, strength, endurance and coordination.
• Lunch outings promote socialization for clients, as well as awareness and acceptance of this special group of people within the community.
• Community events and movies are a fun social outing.
• Quilting, one of the many crafts offered, promotes hand/eye coordination.
• Group activities are an important aspect of socialization, peer support and encouragement.
• Red Hat Society
• Life’s Transition GroupEagles Club: Click here
for a current Eagles Club activities schedule.Mindset Therapeutic Activities:
Our Mindset Creative Community Resources is a high-energy program that offers diverse activities to enhance the lives of adults with disabilities. Age of the clients typically ranges from 18 to 75 years. To learn more, please visit the Mindset